Monday 8 September 2014

One Flower a Week (1)

Hi everyone... I hope this finds you well and in good spirits.  It is still a bit quite on my side here in term of school. School here is going to be opened again only on October 13 InsyaAllah. All schools in Nigeria are closed at the moment and all to comply with the government regulations for our own good insyaAllah. My son has been studying at home through online courses now but he is busy as usual, go to gym regularly and study, study and study. He is in 12 grade so I guess you know how it is for him... very hard.

Anyway, last week I crocheted this moon orchid. I was intrigued by the hybiscus flower pattern my friend made in Tunisian crochet and thought hey, what a great idea. I have forgotten how much I love this stitch and she reminded me of that. I learned Tunisian on and off and thought this is the best way for me to keep on track with this unique stitch without embarking on a large project. Well, I have one Tunisian scarf which is yet to finish... but I thought, this one should not take so long to make.

Here is how it looks like and this is the final version after making 4 other versions before this.
This crochet flower is now being tested and will be available to download from Ravelry soon InsyaAllah.


And then just now this thought came to mind.. .why not making one flower once a week? In a year I would have a collections. Would you like  to join me making one flower a week? Some of my patterns might not be free (small amount for creating the  PDF) but many will be posted as step by step photos insyaAllah and it will be free from this blog.

See you next stitch... InsyaAllah :-)

If you like what you see and made something from my free pattern, all I ask is that you credit me by mentioning my name and my blog and provide the link to my blog. Please DO NOT re upload my files by any means to another blog or website. All my photographs are copyrighted. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment