Wednesday 11 December 2013

Crochet Beaded Crocodile Stitch Scarf

Hello all, how are you today?
I have  36 hours before packing my luggage. We are traveling home to Indonesia Insya Allah on Friday. I am happy but sad at the same time because this time for the first time all four of us will travel at the same time but with two different airlines. Me, my youngest and my hubby will be with Qatar Airways, but my oldest son will be with Emirat. What can I say, our travel allowance dictate our tickets...  

But the good news is I have a bit of time to start with a new project which is light enough to carry in my travel bag to the airplane. I have been wanting to do this crocodile stitch for long time now. I have now purchased the yarn I need. I choose Alpaca, wool, and acrylic mix in lilac by ICE yarns. The yarn is size 2 and My hook is size G/4mm. 

Here are the first few rows I made. I will continue this as I travel. I learned how to make triangle crocodile stitch from Bob Wilson's tutorial on Youtube.  It is so much fun to do. To know the number of beads will be needed, I counted the number of petals I will be making first. Mine is going to be a 30 inches long scarf and my gauge is 2 petals = 1.5 inches. It means that I will have to make  30 : 1.5 = 20 rows of petals. I know that the petals is increased by 1 in every rows and the number of petals in next row is always n + 1 (n is the number of petal in previous row).  I made the table in Excel spreadsheet to calculate the total petals in a triangle scarf according to the number of rows you are making. Mine says I have to load 210 beads to the spool prior crocheting. I added more beads to the total just incase I made mistakes in counting it. I used Japanese Toho Magatama  from Bobby beads since it has larger holes and you can tread it easily. I don’t use any pattern, just as above and follow the tutorial above. 




I finished one ball of yarn while I was on vacation. The height match to my calculations and the amount of beads were perfect in fact I have to remove the extra beads I loaded. I will continue crocheting it and make it a bigger scarf. Will see how long that will take me since I still have 7 balls of yarns to go (sigh).  


Would love to read your comments.
Have a nice vacations. See you soon.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment